Facilities at The Village Coorparoo
Our Villagers always have something to do
You’ll never be bored at The Village Coorparoo. With our contemporary new Community Centre hosting a comprehensive range of onsite activities and facilities, you’re sure to meet many new friends who share similar interests to you. And because they’re onsite, you can be as active as you like. Facilities include:
- Cafè and restaurant: Savour a freshly brewed espresso coffee, sample the delicious cakes and treats, or enjoy a great meal.
- Lounge: Relax with a quiet drink with friends in our private lounge bar.
- BBQ area: You can enjoy all the delectable flavours and atmosphere of a classic Queensland barbie on our purpose-built BBQ terrace.
- Large indoor heated pool: This is the place to unwind with a gentle paddle or stay active with a few laps or a fun fitness class in the pool.
- Gymnasium: Participate in gentle exercise using equipment specifically designed for over 60s. Our resident physiotherapist and wellness professional, Miles Browning, provides an orientation to the gym for interested Villagers.
- Library: There’s a wonderful collection of popular books, magazines, DVDs and CDs to exercise your mind. You can also surf the net with high speed internet access.
- Cinema: You can catch new blockbuster releases, classic movies or see major sporting events like State of Origin or The Ashes on the big screen at the New Roxy.
- Billiard room: Whether your game is snooker, billiards or pool, you’re sure to find someone keen to play a game.
- Hair salon: With weekly visits from our hairdressers, you can always look and feel your best.
- Outdoor bowling green: Whether you are a keen bowler or like a casual game, The Village has its very own bowling green. After the game, you can relax with a friendly BBQ on our adjoining spacious terrace.
We’re also re-purposing ‘Erica’ – a heritage-listed grand old Queenslander built in 1890 onsite at The Village Coorparoo. Erica has been fully restored to its original grandeur and, with high ceilings, fretwork, and beautifully restored fireplaces, will provide a serene place for our Villagers to relax and interact.